The life and times of a red headed animal lost in the world.
Currently residing in Gloucester, MA.
Employed at the Gloucester Stage Company as their Marketing Apprentice.

Friday, September 13, 2013

It's Time to Begin

Here we are! On the cusp of adventure. On the dawning of a new era!
Today I officially depart on my journey to London.
This past week has been riddled with all sorts of trials and tribulations that ended with quite the crying fit curled up next to my mother last night. I won't lie by saying getting ready for this adventure has been easy. I've been in a constant state of feeling like I never have anything done and that this whole experience is too over whelming. But after a good cry and a massive bowl of ice cream I can now better reflect on my experiences and appreciate how much they have already made me grow.
With every struggle, every trial I have faced getting ready for London, I realize now that I have conquered them all. I thought openly, talked it out, and most importantly I wasn't afraid to ask for help. There are so many people I wish I could thank for helping me get to this point and I hope they all know how grateful I am.
Two of my biggest rocks in this entire process have been my parents. Their unwavering belief in my abilities and my choices has been one of the biggest gifts I could ever ask for. When ever I had a problem, needed help, or just needed a hug, they were always there without hesitation. I don't think I will ever be able to thank them enough for that. 
It is now officially down to 6 hours before my flight takes off from Rochester and I am bursting at the seams. I have so many things left to do and this constant looming feeling that I am bringing too much (I'm a clothes whore, it's a problem). But at this point my excitement is over shadowing the bulk of these worries. I'm going to London for 3 months! 
I mean, how freaken cool is that?

Much Love,
Caitlin

No comments:

Post a Comment